Status: On October 29, 2021, the City received a development proposal for 2200 Bank St for the first phase of a multi-phase, mixed-use redevelopment. South Phase – Phase 1 (PH1) includes a single mixed-use building with a 4-6 storey podium and two towers with a maximum building height of 21 storeys. Land uses will be commercial (at-grade) and high-rise residential (rental units ranging from one to three bedroom dwellings). This application is currently Active.
On October 29, 2021, the City received a zoning by-law amendment for 2200 Bank St to permit an increase in the maximum permitted residential tower floor plate size from 750 m2 to 900 m2, and to lift the holding symbol on the South Phase lands. This application is currently Active.
BSKC submitted comments on the proposal on December 9th, 2021.
Summary: The full 15+ year plan for the South Phase is to develop four mixed-use buildings in four sub-phases. Each sub-phase will consist of a single building with a 4-6 storey podium and two towers with a maximum building height of 21 storeys. Land uses will be commercial (at-grade) and high-rise residential (rental units ranging from one to three bedroom dwellings). Each building will have approximately 446 dwelling units, 314 parking stalls, 454 bicycle stalls, 1 loading stall, and approximately 466.3 m2 of commercial gross floor area. South Phase – Phase 1 will remove the empty box stores north of the cinema, Phase 2 will be where the current Montana’s is located, Phase 3 will be in the parking lot in front of the cinema and south of the Montana’s, and Phase 4 will be located where the cinema is currently located.
- BSKC attended the public consultation meeting on December 6th, 2021.
- BSKC submitted comments on the proposal to City Staff and to Councillor Deans on December 9th, 2021
- Better South Keys published a blog post to our website on March 16, 2022
- BSKC hosted a meeting with the developer SmartCentres April 21, 2022
- BSKC hosted a Walk and Talk event at South Keys on April 23, 2022 attended by 50 community members which included a discussion on the South Phase development proposal
- https://devapps.ottawa.ca/en/applications/D07-12-21-0182/details (Apartment Towers Proposal)
- https://devapps.ottawa.ca/en/applications/D02-02-21-0139/details (Zoning By-law Amendment)
- BSKC comments on the South Keys Redevelopment, South Phase (add link once on website)